Reptiles Express Insurance Policy
Reptiles Express agrees to the pay amount you insured your animal for if it arrives late and is DOA (Dead on Arrival). We do not cover the cost of the insured amount if the animal arrives on time and is DOA. You must adhere to our shipping guidelines and use the proper packing materials in order for us to pay a claim. If you used the incorrect shipping box, we are not responsible for the health of the animal, no matter the circumstances.
What We Cover
1. We cover the amount you insured your animal for up to $3,000, plus the shipping costs.
2. We will pay the claim if the animal arrives late, is DOA and it is a FedEx Approved Service Failure. FedEx approved service delays are delays due to volume, missorts, mechanical failures and lost packages.
3. We will not cover packages shipped on Friday for Saturday delivery and insurance will be suspended during high volume times.
1. We will not pay a claim if the animal arrives on time and is DOA.
2. Our insurance policy does not cover DOAs if shipment is delayed by a FedEx National Service Disruption. This rare but catastrophic disruption is usually caused by extreme weather conditions such as hurricanes and blizzards.
3. You must follow Reptiles Express shipping guidelines and have used the proper packaging and shipping methods for a claim to be paid. If you have used the improper box, or failed to use a heat pack/cold pack accordingly with the temperature guidelines, your claim will not be paid. If you ship when temperatures are below/above the recommended degrees in our guidelines, you will be shipping at your own risk.
4. * The label must have a correct address on it and include a phone number for the recipient.
5. Recipient must be available to accept package, either directly from driver or retrieve it as soon as possible from spot where the FedEx driver left it. You must chose the Delivery Confirmation (adult signature required) option.
6. You must contact us via filing an online claim within 4 hours of receiving the animal and provide proof, with pictures that the animal is deceased.
7. We will not pay the claim if the recipient was not available on the First Attempt at delivery.
FILING A CLAIM
Shipper must provide a receipt for the purchase of the live reptile. If the shipment is not a commercial transaction, shipper must provide a copy of the itemized packing list from the package, which is required by the Lacey act. This provides proof of value.
Shipper must provide clear digital photos or video of all packaging, showing legible label on the box, condition of outer box, insulation inside box, packing material, heat/cold pack if applicable and snake bag/deli cup. This proves the shipper followed Reptiles Express shipping guidelines.
Shipper must provide clear digital photos or video of the animal, clearly showing its condition and markings, as well as rolled onto its back. This provides proof of dead arrival.
Animal must be kept frozen for 90 days or until the claim is released, whichever comes first. If the animal can’t be provided upon Reptiles Express request, the claim will not be paid.
All evidence — receipt/packing list and photos/video — must be provided within twelve hours of the delivery. Claim payments will be made to the shipper.
The claims process must be initiated by filling out the online claims form here.